Help paying your bill

We explain how to get help paying your utility bill if you cannot afford it.

Flexible payment arrangements

Utility Billing can work with you to set up a flexible payment arrangement to bring your account current. Contact Customer Service to discuss options

Community Action Partnership

Hennepin County has a program to help people catch up on their bills. The Community Action Partnership program has many types of grants and resources available, including:

  • Energy assistance
  • Water assistance
  • Vehicle repair
  • Homebuyer services
  • Renter assistance
  • Homeless services

To find out if you're eligible for help from the Community Action Partnership program:

  1. Visit Community Action Partnership
  2. Click the menu bar (three lines on the top right corner of the website).
  3. Click the arrow to the right of What we do.
  4. Click on the type of help you want.

To talk with someone at Community Action Partnership, call 952-930-3541.

Contact us

Utility Billing Customer Service




Minneapolis Public Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 620B
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1345


8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Closed on City Holidays

See list of City holidays