Phase 1: Rescue and Restart
The American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act provides federal funding for pandemic recovery efforts. This includes money for state and local fiscal recovery.
Minneapolis will receive $271 million. We will determine how to spend the money in two phases.
Phase 1 details
- $88 million
- Housing instability
- Small businesses closures and financial stress
- Business, nonprofit and public organizations preparing for the lifting of social distancing measures
- Responding to the nationwide increase in violent crime
- Subject-matter experts, including our City Staff and City Council, bring recommendations to Mayor
- Mayor presents a recommended ARP Budget for Phase 1