Civil Rights Commission subcommittees
Engagement & Research Subcommittee
The Engagement & Research Subcommittee:
- Educates the public on the work of the commission, civil rights protections, and the complaint filing process
- Hosts public forums
- Researches civil rights issues facing the City
- Develops civil rights policy recommendations
This subcommittee typically meets the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of the month at 6:00 p.m.
Standards & Procedures Subcommittee
The Standards & Procedures Subcommittee monitors and revises rules and procedures of the commission.
This subcommittee meets as needed.
Workforce & Contract Compliance Subcommittee
The Workforce & Contract Compliance Subcommittee:
- Engages with the public
- Researches civil rights issues and recommends policies related to employment, contracts and grant-making
- Works with the Contract Compliance division of the Department of Civil Rights on policy and review panels
- Encourages minority and women-owned businesses to contract with the City
This subcommittee typically meets the 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m.