The City picks up regular household garbage each week.
Items that belong in the garbage include:
- Dirty plastic bags and film
- Plastic bags and film that are clean and dry can be brought to a plastic bag drop-off location for recycling
- Personal care products, diapers and pet waste
- Wrappers from chips, candy, condiments, and foil drink pouches
- Non-recyclable glass and ceramics
- Window glass, drinking and cooking glasses, ceramics, and mirrors
- Non-recyclable and non-compostable paper, plastic, and plastic-lined paper
- Decorative paper plates, cups, to-go containers, straws and utensils
- Plastics #3, #6, and #7
- Plastics that are black in color
- Durable items
- Non-usable clothing and shoes
- Household decor
- Large plastic items like storage tubs and kid's swimming pools
- Kids toys and sports equipment
- Garden hoses and window blinds
You may also set out up to two large items for pickup each week.
- Large items that cannot be recycled are collected with garbage.
- Large items that can be recycled may only be set out on recycling week.