Stay up to date on Snow Emergencies
Why you need to know
If you live, work or travel in Minneapolis, you're expected to know the winter rules of the road. If it's been snowing a lot, check to see if the City has declared a Snow Emergency. We suggest getting information about Snow Emergencies in more than one way. There's a few ways you can sign up for alerts and many ways to check.
Once we declare a Snow Emergency, you're expected to follow the rules.
Ways to stay up to date
There are many ways to find out if the City declares a Snow Emergency.
- Call 311
- Check the City of Minneapolis website - If we declare a Snow Emergency, you'll see a banner at the top of every page with an announcement.
- Sign up for Snow Emergency alerts
- Check our social media pages
- Get the Snow Emergency app
- Call the Snow Emergency hotline
- Watch local TV or radio
Snow Emergency alerts
We recommend signing up for at least two types of alerts.
- Email and text alerts – Choose "Email" or "SMS/Text Message" from the "Subscription Type" drop-down menu. You can sign up for both by submitting the form twice.
- Automated phone call Sign Up for News & Alerts – Click "Update Your Phone Information" and scroll down to the red Swift911 portal.
Like or follow us and you’ll receive Snow Emergency alerts right on your news feeds.
Snow Emergency app
With the Minneapolis Snow Emergency Rules app, it's easy to
- Know when a Snow Emergency is in effect
- Look up parking rules
- Stay up to date through social media, email, text and more
Download the app
Snow emergency app guide
If you need help installing the app or are having issues with the app:
Snow Emergency hotline
Call 612-348-SNOW (7669) to find out if a Snow Emergency has been declared and hear the parking rules.
Spanish, Somali and Hmong languages are available on the hotline. TTY callers can use the MN Relay Service or call the TTY number.
Minneapolis City Council TV
Minneapolis City Council TV will air information during a Snow Emergency.
- Comcast: SD channel 14 or HD channel 799
- CenturyLink: SD channel 8001 or HD channel 8501
7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday