Fluoride is a mineral found in all water. At proper levels, it:
- Strengthens the tooth’s surface
- Makes teeth more resistant to cavities
- Helps rebuild the tooth’s surface after decay has already started.
- Reduces tooth decay by 18% to 40% in people of all ages who have frequent and consistent contact with it.
- We add a small amount of fluoride to our drinking water
- Bring it to an optimal level for preventing tooth decay
Adding fluoride to drinking water:
- Promotes public health
- Reduces the gap in decay rates between low-income and upper-income Americans.