The City of Minneapolis does not routinely collect or keep personal information about your visit to the City's website. Like most Internet sites, our website reads some information from your computer to help us
- Analyze traffic patterns
- Perform routine maintenance
- Make it easier for you use our site
Temporary information we collect
In general, the information we collect is temporary. When you leave the site, we delete the information from our system.
The City automatically collects and stores the following information:
- Total number of visits to our site
- Number of unique visits to our site
- Types of computer systems used to access our site
- Web browser type and version
- Date and time of access
- The website that may have referred you (linked you) to this website
- The first and last page you visited in our site
None of the information described above contains personal, identifying information.
Information we collect for security purposes
For security purposes and to maintain service for all users, the City’s network system may use software programs to identify attempts to
- Gain unauthorized access
- Damage or misuse the systems or the City’s website
If we recognize a potential security threat, we may retain and review identifying information about the user and the questionable computer activity for security and other law enforcement-related purposes.
If you have questions about the information captured during a visit to the website, contact 311.