Commercial stormwater credits
If you are a commercial property owner
- You can reduce your monthly stormwater utility fee by up to 100% by earning:
- Only quantity credits, or
- A combination of quality and quantity credits
- You earn quality credits by removing pollutants from stormwater that falls on your property.
- You earn quantity credits by retaining rainwater on-site so that it does not flow into lakes, creek and the rivers.
You are eligible for quality stormwater credits if
- You capture 100% of the impervious runoff from your property by implementing BMPs
You are eligible for quantity stormwater credits if
You can implement either a 10-year or 100-year storm design plan for retaining rainwater on-site
- You must capture 100% of the impervious runoff from your property.
- The storm is defined by NOAA Atlas 14, Volume 8, Version 2, Midwestern States, with the NRCS MN MS3 distribution.
- All calculations are certified by a state-license professional engineer or landscape architect.
Plan ahead for 2022
Stormwater Credits Program Coordinator
Public Works Department