How to load your bike on public transit
Bikes on the bus
Loading bike onto a bus
- Wait until the bus comes to a full stop.
- Remove all loose items from your bike.
- Approach the bus from the curb - never from the street.
- Wheel your bike from the curb and make eye contact with the driver.
- Pull the handle to release the bike rack.
- Lift your bike into the bike slot closest to the bus.
- Pull out the support arm. Put it up and over your front tire.
Note: Make sure the support arm covers the rubber tire as high on the wheel as possible.
Unloading bike from a bus
- Go out the front door.
- Let the driver know you'll be unloading your bike.
- Pull the support arm off of your bike tire.
- Put the rack back into its original position (if there's no other bike on the rack)
Bikes on the train
Loading bike onto a train
Light rail trains have designated bike holders on each train.
- Allow passengers to get off the train before you enter.
- Roll your bike onboard and lift it onto the rack.
Unloading bike from the train
- Slightly lift and pull bike towards you and off of the rack.
- Be mindful of other passengers as you roll your bike off the train.
Note: Northstar trains have designated areas on the lower level of each car to secure your bike.
For more info or claim a bike left on the bus or train
Contact Metro Transit