Established in 1975, the Minneapolis Civil Rights Commission (MCCR) implements the City's Civil Rights policies through public information, education, mediation, conciliation and enforcement.
Our purpose is to:
- Provide leadership in the areas of civil rights
- Encourage and educate the public in the promotion of civil rights
- Identify civil rights issues of concern to the community and set priorities
- Advise the Mayor, City Council, and City departments on Civil Right matters
- Conduct research and studies to best carry out the objectives of the Civil Rights Ordinance
- Enforce the Civil Rights Ordinance through education, conciliation, mediation and adjudication