City assessors estimate property market values. We send valuation notices in March.
- The assessor classifies your property based on its primary use.
- Each class has a different tax rate.
- The class tax rate is set by Minnesota law.
- We set the property classification and value of all properties as of Jan. 2.
- We mail valuation notices in March.
- You have a limited amount of time to file an appeal.
- Appeal options and timeline are listed on the valuation notice.
Median home values
Find the estimated median market values of homes in Minneapolis. We list them by type of home and neighborhood.
AddressMinneapolis Assessing Department
350 Fifth St. S., Room 100
Minneapolis, MN 55415-1323
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday