Temporary "No Parking" signs or other posted signs
Always follow any posted “No Parking” or other posted signs.
- Streets that are not Snow Emergency routes sometimes only allow parking on one side of the street year-round.
- When Winter Parking Restrictions are in place, we install revised signs that comply with Winter Parking Restrictions.
- When there’s a Snow Emergency, you must follow both the Snow Emergency parking rules and any posted signs.
“No Parking” zones along schools
Unique parking restrictions exist around many Minneapolis schools. When Winter Parking Restrictions are in effect, we change the parking rule signs. Streets in school zones are normally posted as: “No Parking 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. School Days.”
We'll change them to:
- On the odd side of the street: “No Parking Anytime”
- On the even side of the street: “Parking Permitted Except Even Side Plowing Day”
Disability transfer zones
Winter Parking Restrictions do not affect disability transfer zones. These zones are for loading and unloading, not parking.
Disability parking zones
If a disability parking zone is on the even side of a street that's not a Snow Emergency Route, the property owner who had the zone put in may request an exemption to Winter Parking Restrictions by calling 311. We’ll review these requests on a case-by-case basis.