What to do
- Type in your street address.
- Click on the "Search" button.
- Click on the street address.
- .Click on the "Lead paint status" tab and read the messages
- Lead paint present: If the City has information about lead on the property it appears here.
- *Lead paint intact: A date appears here if the property was inspected for lead paint hazards and determined to be lead-safe.
What to know
- Lead-based paint is primarily found on home and apartments built before 1978.
- The older a building, the more likely it is to have lead-based paint.
- *Paint keeps deteriorating over time. A property that was lead-safe two years ago may not be lead-safe today.
Lead-safe is not lead-free
Lead-safe means at the time of testing:
- The lead paint was intact and not considered a hazard to children.
- There were no lead dust hazards in the windows or on floors.
- There was no bare soil on the property.
It is likely that lead paint remains on the property.
Signs that lead paint hazards have returned
- Chipping or peeling paint
- Excessive dust or paint chips in windows
- Bare soil