Truth in Sale of Housing
I want to
Explore this section
Properties that need an evaluation
The following property types require a Truth in Sale of Housing (TISH) evaluation before you sell them:
- Single-family houses
- First-time condominium conversions
You must have a full Truth in Housing report before you can show a property.
Properties that do not need an evaluation
You do not need a TISH report for a property if the City has issued a:
- Certificate of Code Compliance
- The City issues this certificate after a property is brought out of condemnation.
- It is good for up to one year after the City issues it.
- Certificate of Occupancy
- The City issues this certificate for newly built properties.
- It is good for one sale after the City issues it.
Types of sales that need a report
The following types of sales require a Truth in Sale of Housing (TISH) report:
- Sale by owner
- Sale by real estate agent
- Real estate agent-assisted sale
- Advertising home sale
- Contract for deed
- Other title transfer