Wall insulation appeal
Before you begin
Before you sell a home that was built before 1980, the City typically performs an energy audit.
During an energy audit, an inspector:
- Drills a two-inch hole in an an exterior facing wall, typically in a closet.
- Finds out how much insulation is in the walls.
- Seals the hole with a plastic cap after finishing the inspection.
To appeal the wall insulation check
- Complete the wall insulation appeal form.
- Include supporting documents, if you have them, to help explain your appeal.
- Be as specific as you can.
- Submit the completed form by email or mail.