Safety check forms

Here are the forms to use for safety checks on required repairs.

Before you begin

Use these forms when a required repair needs a safety check.

A licensed contractor must sign these forms. Building, plumbing and mechanical contactors must be licensed by the City of Minneapolis. Electrical contractors must be licensed by the State of Minnesota.

Electrical safety check form

Use this form for the electrical system as a whole.

Heating, ventilation and cooling (HVAC) performance safety check form

Use this form for the heating system in a house, including furnaces and boilers.

Non-space heating safety check form

Use this form for water heaters, ranges, dryers and gas lines to fireplaces.


Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Minneapolis Truth in Housing (TISH)

Community Planning & Economic Development (CPED)






505 Fourth Ave. S., 320
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Office hours

7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays