Unlicensed businesses

The City does not allow unlicensed businesses in residential homes.
Make sure your home business is licensed
Make sure your home business is licensed

What to know

Illegal businesses will be reported to Business Licenses & Consumer Services.

These include unlicensed:

  • Home day care centers
  • Hair or nail salons
  • Caterers

Find out how to start a business and get a license.

See Business assistance

smiling people shaking hands

Business licenses

We can help you complete licensing requirements for your Minneapolis business.

Contact us

Regulatory Services


Public Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 510
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Office hours

8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Closed on City holidays

See list of City holidays