Abandoned dwelling

You can report a house or other type of residence that has been abandoned or appears to be abandoned.

What to do

Call the Problem Properties Unit:

  • If you see a building that appears to be vacant but is not boarded.
  • If you see a boarded building that has been broken into.

Call 911 to report any suspicious or illegal activities at vacant or abandoned buildings.

Contact us

Problem Properties Unit

Regulatory Services




Public Service Center
250 Fourth St. S.
Suite 401
Minneapolis, MN 55415