Rental unit issue

You can report a housing code violation in your apartment or rental unit.

What to do

If you're a renter and there's an issue inside or outside your rental unit, contact Minneapolis 311. You'll need to provide:

  • Your address
  • Your phone number
  • A description of the issue
  • Information on what you've done so far to ask your landlord or property manager to fix the issue

An inspector will visit to see if the issue violates housing code. If it does, the inspector will send a letter to the property owner or manager telling them what they need to fix.

Contact 311

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Rental unit complaint form

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays