What to know
Illegal dumping is putting household or commercial garbage, litter or other items:
- On private property without the property owner’s permission
- Into any garbage cart, dumpster or receptacle on someone else’s property
- Into public trash containers
If you see illegal dumping in progress, call 911.
If you notice illegal dumping has happened, contact 311
- Get a description of the person and their vehicle.
- If possible, go through the material and look for postmarked mail with a name and address.
- Never confront an illegal dumper yourself.