Private property code violation

You can report a possible private property code violation if you think there's a livability or safety issue. This could mean issues on the inside or outside of a property.

Before you begin

To make a report, you'll need:

  • The address of the property with the issue
  • A description of the issue
  • The date you noticed the issue

An inspector will visit the property and decide if the issue violates the housing code. If it does, they'll issue the property owner or manager a letter telling them what needs to be fixed. You can call 311 for an update on the status of your report.

See housing code rules

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Report a code violation

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays