Long grass or weeds

You can report grass or weeds taller than 8 inches.

Before you begin

To submit a report, you'll need:

  • The address of the home or building with the long grass or weeds
  • A description of the long grass and weeds, including their location in the yard
  • Your connection to the home or building

After you submit a report:

  • An inspector may order the property owner to cut the grass or weeds.
  • The owner will have at least three days to cut it.
  • If the owner doesn't fix the problem, the inspector can hire a contractor to cut the grass and pass on the cost to the property owner.

Report long grass or weeds


If you want to report long grass or weeds, follow the recommendations above. Do not approach people about an issue with their yard.

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays