You can report an abandoned vehicle that has been parked for more than 72 hours. You can also report a vehicle that's missing important parts.
What to know
To make a report, you'll need the:
- License plate number
- State that issued the license plate
- Vehicle color
- Vehicle make
- Address where the vehicle is located
After you make a report:
- A traffic control agent will locate and chalk the vehicle.
- The traffic control agent will return 72 hours later. If the vehicle is still there, the vehicle owner may be fined up to $100 and the vehicle may be towed.
- The owner will be responsible for towing and impound fees.
If the vehicle is on a public street or alley, submit this report:
Abandoned vehicles on private property are housing code violations. If the vehicle is on private property, contact 311.
Request accessible format
If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.
Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday