Coaching Athletes into Leaders
This program is based on a national model. National data shows athletes who completed the program were more likely to:
- Intervene when witnessing abusive or disrespectful behaviors among their peers.
- Report less engagement in abusive behavior.
In the five-year period between 2016 and 2021:
- We trained over 60 coaches.
- Those coaches delivered the Coaching Athletes into Leaders curriculum to more than 350 athletes.
Surveys from the athletes who took part show:
- A 36% improvement in ability to recognize abusive behavior.
- A 47% improvement in likelihood to intervene in unhealthy relationship behavior.
At the end of the five-year period:
- 98% of the athletes reported meeting the goal for recognizing abusive behavior.
- 90% of the athletes reported feeling connected to caring adults.