Commercial Property Development Fund
Note that the City does not currently have available funding for this program.
About the program
This program helps boost the economy in Minneapolis. We provide forgivable loans for real estate projects in areas that need help.
Who is eligible
- Applicants may be any of the following in active, good standing with the Minnesota Secretary of State:
- Individual owners
- Any other legally recognized form of business organization
- Applicant must:
- Be located in or willing to relocate to Minneapolis
- Be able to service any projected debt obligations
- Be an acceptable credit risk
- Have proof of ownership of the subject property or a valid proof of site control
- demonstrate the ability to finance the project with other leveraged
- Applicant's property status must:
- Be up to City code or be brought up to code
- Exist as a conforming use or a legal non-conforming use under the City's zoning ordinances
- Subject property must:
- Be current on all property taxes and assessments
- Fully comply with all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Be within the City of Minneapolis
- Land and or building purchase
- Hard construction costs
- Construction-related fees and professional services
- Exterior and interior repairs and improvements to buildings
- Building components, including:
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Façade improvements, including:
- Sign repair
- Sign replacement
- Soft costs, including:
- Design services
- Building permits
- Energy audits
- Parking lots, including:
- Streetscape costs not financed by special assessment
- Production equipment
- Equipment that must be fixed
- Financing of computers (approved on a case-by-case basis)
- Environmental sustainability and green building features or techniques
|Based on an analysis of the project’s financial gap and current funding availability.
Repayment of full principal balance due if one of the following events occurs:
No debt forgiveness during term. At the end of the term principal balance forgiven if the borrower meets the following conditions:
Specific debt forgiveness terms to be approved during loan approval process.
|Subordinated mortgage and or subordinated position in other collateral.
Business Development Loans
Community Planning & Economic Development