The City's Adopt-a-Street program lets you help keep your neighborhood neat and tidy.
By signing up for this program, you agree to the following:
- Adopt and maintain a six-block stretch (or more), including both sides of the street.
- Serve as a volunteer in this program for at least two years.
- Clean up your adopted blocks at least four times a year.
- Clean up litter from public sidewalks, curbs and boulevards. Trim overgrown weeds and clear storm grates. Report or clean up graffiti.
- Properly dispose of garbage and yard waste:
- Place full garbage bags inside your own garbage cart or dumpster for pickup.
- Put yard waste in certified compostable bags, and place the bags next to your garbage cart for pickup.
- Report items that you cannot pick up to the City.
You can sign up online to take part in the Adopt-A-Street or Adopt-A-Highway program.