Youth Connection Center
This resource can help prevent youth from becoming victims of violence.
How it works
Law enforcement officers bring young people to the YCC.
YCC youth workers:
- Work with them to understand their needs
- Provide immediate crisis support and ensure the young person makes it home safely
- Offer voluntary long-term case management services to youth and families who need more support
- Risk and needs screening
- Mental health screening and connections to mental health services
- Assistance with parent/guardian involvement
- Enriching and educational activities
- Information on rights and responsibilities
- Connections and referrals to community services
- Resources for sexually exploited/trafficked youth
- Among youth who reached active status with YCC case management, 92% had no further status or criminal offenses within six months of completion.
- Among youth who were not enrolled in school at the time of their referral, 100% enrolled in school with the support of their case manager.
Office of Violence Prevention
Minneapolis Health Department
250 4th St. S., Room 510
Minneapolis, MN 55415
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday