Fireworks complaint

You can file a complaint about fireworks.

What to do

Call 911 to report dangerous situations

For example:

  • Fireworks are a threat to life or property
  • A person is injured by fireworks
  • Fireworks land on a building or wooded area, posing a fire risk
  • A fireworks gathering's size or unruly behavior is a threat to others

Contact 311 to report noise

Note that 311 is closed on January 1, but please report the issue and we'll follow up during regular business hours.

Report fireworks

Legal and illegal fireworks in Minneapolis

  • Legal – Nonexplosive fireworks like sparklers, cones and snakes
  • Illegal – Fireworks that explode or fly, such as firecrackers, bottle rockets, missiles and Roman candles


If you want to report a fireworks complaint, please follow the recommendations above. For your safety and the safety of others, please do not approach people about their fireworks use.

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays