Bike path maintenance requests

We can help you report a bike path maintenance concern.

What to do

Help us maintain the bike paths

If you see a problem, please contact us. The City relies on the public to notify us of bicycle-related maintenance problems.

Groups to report bike path issues to

We encourage you to report any issues that affect your safety or convenience.

This may include items such as

  • Pothole repair
  • Debris pick-up
  • Overgrown brush
  • Problems with sewer grates
  • Snow and ice removal

Report other issues

City of Minneapolis

Report issues in these areas to the City of Minneapolis:

  • Hiawatha LRT Trail
  • Dinkytown Greenway
  • Midtown Greenway - See exceptions under Hennepin County
    • Pavement surfaces
    • Lighting
    • Emergency phones
    • Bridge graffiti
    • Fencing
    • Signs
  • On-street bike lanes - see exceptions under Hennepin County and University of Minnesota
  • Pedestrian bridges over freeways
  • Samatar Crossing
  • Van White Memorial Boulevard Trail

Contact 311

Hennepin County

Report issues in these areas to Hennepin County:

  • Midtown Greenway
  • Minnehaha Avenue Bike Lane
  • Park Avenue Bike Lane
  • Portland Avenue Bike Lane (between Washington Avenue and 45th Street)
  • University Avenue SE Bike Lane (between I-35W South Ramp and Oak Street)
  • Washington Avenue N Bike Lane (between Soo Avenue and 2nd Street N)

Note: Hennepin County maintains striping and potholes only. The City of Minneapolis maintains signs and debris pick-up along county routes.

Call 612-596-0299

Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board

Report issues in these areas to the Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board:

  • Bridge 9 (between 10th and Washington Avenue bridges)
  • Cedar Lake Trail
  • Creek & River Paths
  • Diagonal Trail
  • Humboldt Greenway (along 49th Avenue N.)
  • Kenilworth Trail
  • Lake Paths
  • Loring Bikeway (I-94 to Loring Park)
  • Parkway Paths
  • Stone Arch Bridge

Call 612-230-6400

University of Minnesota

Report issues in these areas to the University of Minnesota:

  • Harvard Street Bike Lane
  • Pillsbury Drive Bike Lane
  • Union Street Bike Lane
  • U of M Transitway Trail*
  • Washington Avenue Bridge

Note: The U of M Transitway Trail is not plowed in winter.

Call 612-625-1333

Report other issues to the City

Some City of Minneapolis maintenance issues can be reported online. Go to Report an Issue and choose a subject.

 You'll find report an issue links for:

  • Graffiti
  • Potholes
  • Signs
  • Street lights
  • More

Report an issue section

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays