Street or alley vacation application

Learn how to apply and download an application.


Your application must include the following:

  • A $300 check payable to Minneapolis Finance Department for each street or alley vacation request.
  • A detailed map (8.5 x 11 inch) showing the proposed vacated street or alley with all adjacent properties and rights of way. City staff will use the map you provide to create a mailing list to notify property neighbors about public hearings.
  • A plan showing proposed use of the vacated area, including alternate routes for a partial vacation.
  • Complete legal descriptions of all adjacent properties, indicating whether the title is abstract or torrens and the torrens certificate numbers.

Learn about abstract and torrens titles

Find title information about Hennepin County property


Contact us

Office of City Clerk





City Hall
350 Fifth St. S., Room 304
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Office hours

8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays