Register a Domestic Partnership
You can register a domestic partnership with the City.
Before you begin
Keep the following in mind about domestic partnership registration:
- You and your partner must both complete the application.
- You do not need to live in Minneapolis to register your domestic partnership.
- Send your application to, or drop it off at, the City Clerk's Office with a $20 check or cash.
- The City Clerk will mail a certificate of registration to you.
- This process typically takes 5-10 days.