Domestic partner registration
You can register a domestic partnership with the City. Registering allows you to visit a partner in a health care facility. Some employers provide benefits to registered partners.
I want to
How City law defines a domestic partnership
Domestic partners are two adults who:
- Are not related by blood closer than permitted under marriage laws of the state
- Are not married or related by marriage
- Are competent to enter into a contract
- Have no other domestic partner
- Are jointly responsible to each other
- Are committed to one another like married persons
You do not need to live in Minneapolis to register your domestic partnership.