Sidewalk snow and ice
You can report unshoveled or icy sidewalks in Minneapolis.
What to do
- Wait for 24 hours after the snowfall ends.
- If a sidewalk has not been cleared by then, you can report it.
- You'll need your email address and the address of the uncleared sidewalk.
- We'll email you with a case number.
- We'll either send a notice to the property owner or do a follow-up inspection.
- If the property owner does not clear the walk, we'll remove the snow or ice and bill the property owner.
Learn more about sidewalk snow clearing responsibilities