If you see a pothole on city streets, please report it and we'll work quickly to repair it.

What to do

Determine where to report the pothole

The state, county or City may maintain the road in Minneapolis.  The signs will help you understand who's responsible for a road.

See the road signs

More pothole information

Watch our video on reporting a pothole

Learn how we repair and prevent potholes

Road signs

Report a pothole on a state road

The State of Minnesota is responsible if a road has signs that look like these:

Minnesota and interstate signs

Report a pothole for a state highway or freeway

Report a pothole on a county road

Hennepin County is responsible if a road has signs that look like this:

County road sign

Report a pothole for a county road

Report a pothole on a City street

Roads with potholes to report to us

  • All other roads without state or county signs
  • County roads in the downtown area
  • City streets called State Trunk Highways

What to know

  • You must provide an email address to report a City street pothole.
  • We'll email you with a case number and expected completion date.

Report a pothole

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays