Child abuse

If you suspect child abuse, please report it.

What to do

If the situation is urgent

Call 911 if a child:

  • Appears to be in imminent danger of injury, death or sexual abuse
  • Has injuries that may need medical attention
  • May not be safe returning or remaining at home
  • Tells you they have been sexually assaulted

When you call 911, the operator will ask you to describe the abuse and will send police to take a report.

If the situation is not urgent

Contact Hennepin County Child Protection Services. You can call 612-348-3552 to make a child protection report. A social worker is available 24 hours a day to take reports.


If you suspect child abuse, follow the recommendations above. For your safety and the safety of others, please do not confront people about issues with their children.

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays