The City of Minneapolis’ Public Works Department is looking for people to join the teams that keep the city running. Help spread the word about these opportunities with friends, family and community.
Public Works is hiring and training for several job openings:
- Public Works service worker 1 trainee: performs manual labor, learns to drive and operate equipment. Supports the department’s construction and maintenance activities. You will be supported in obtaining your CDL Class B license.
- Public Works service worker 1: performs manual labor and drives and operates equipment to support construction and maintenance work.
- Public Works service worker 2: performs manual labor, drives and operates heavy specialty equipment to support construction and maintenance work.
- Water distribution operator trainee: performs manual labor to maintain the City’s water distribution system.
- Water distribution operator: performs manual labor and semi-skilled work to maintain the City’s water distribution system.
Attend a virtual or in-person information session:
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9, Zoomerkammer Virtual Event
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 12, American Indian OIC/Takoda Institute, 1845 E Franklin Ave., Minneapolis.
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 13, Minneapolis Eastside Maintenance Facility, 2635 University Ave. NE., Minneapolis.
- 12-2 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 14, EMERGE, 1834 Emerson Ave N., Minneapolis.
- 5-7 p.m. Monday Jan. 9, Sumner Library, 611 Van White Memorial Blvd., Minneapolis.
- 5 -7 p.m. Tuesday Jan. 10, Urban League Twin Cities, 2100 Plymouth Ave. N., Minneapolis, MN 55411)
- 4-6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 12, Summit Academy, 935 Olson Memorial Hwy., Minneapolis.
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 14, Shiloh Temple 1201 W Broadway Ave., Minneapolis
- 1-2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 18, Hennepin County Virtual Job Fair
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 19, Public Works Open House, Hiawatha Maintenance Facility, 1901 E. 26th St., Minneapolis