Thirteen City boards and commissions have openings for appointments this fall. Applications are open now. The positions are open until filled; application deadline is Oct. 1 unless marked otherwise. The City seeks applicants with a diversity of backgrounds and experiences representing the demographics of Minneapolis to strengthen the work of the City. Translation and interpreting services are available so all residents can participate.
City boards and commissions have brought forward recommendations that resulted in healthy and staple foods policies, wage protections and use of body cameras by law enforcement. Board and commission members in the City of Minneapolis help shape key policy decisions, give community-based input into the City’s administration of services and supply valuable insights.
People can apply through the open position pages linked below and stay up to date on vacancies, position descriptions and timelines by visiting minneapolismn.gov/boards/openings. Applications are open now.
These 13 City boards and commissions have 98 open positions:
- Commission on Civil Rights, Minneapolis
- Homegrown Minneapolis Food Council
- Local Board of Appeal and Equalization
- Minneapolis Advisory Committee on Aging.
- Minneapolis Advisory Committee on People with Disabilities
- Minneapolis Workforce Development Board
- Neighborhood Revitalization Program Policy Board
- Police Conduct Oversight Commission
- Public Health Advisory Committee
- Southside Green Zone Council
- Transgender Equity Council
- Workplace Advisory Committee
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
Boards, commissions and advisory committees
The City of Minneapolis has more than 50 volunteer-based boards, commissions and advisory committees that advise the City on issues and help develop policy and administer services. Boards and commissions fall into a handful of categories: appeal boards, development boards, general advisory boards and special service districts (defined areas within the city with special services).
Appointments to boards and commissions are made twice a year: in the spring and fall.
Potential applicants can find more information at 612-673-2216 or OpenAppointments@minneapolismn.gov.