Green Central Safe Routes to School
The Green Central Safe Routes to School (SRTS) project will update 1.3 miles of walking and bicycle paths on East 34th Street and 10th/11th Avenues South.
The updates will help people of all ages and abilities.
This project will build a safe connection to Green Central Elementary School, other bikeways, parks, and important destinations in the area.
Safe Routes to School projects
Project team office hours
The project team will be holding office hours during the following times:
- June 13: 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. (virtual meeting or phone call)
- June 15: 9:00 – 11:00 a.m. (virtual meeting or phone call)
- June 15: 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. (in-person at Green Central Elementary School, enter at door 15)
To schedule a virtual meeting please contact:
2024 Capital Project
The proposed concept layout for E 34th Street and 10th Avenue S are now available. Public Works will bring the project through the Minneapolis City Council Public Works and Infrastructure (PWI) Committee to approve the proposed layout on Thursday June 8th, 2023 at 1:30pm.
Note: This layout may take additional time to load due to large file size.
2023 Demonstration project
A demonstration project was installed along East 34th Street from Clinton Avenue to Park Avenue. The project’s goal is to test changes with non-permanent materials for the upcoming 2024 Green Central Safe Routes to School project that will install permanent improvements. The project will make walking and bicycling to school easier, safer, and more enjoyable for students. This demonstration project features:
- Crossing enhancements, including marked crosswalks at Clinton Ave @ E 34th St.
- Curb extensions at Clinton Ave @ E 34th St to help narrow the crossing distance for children walking to school.
- An in-street bollard protected two-way bikeway from Clinton Ave to Park Ave along the south side of E 34th St.
- There will still be access to all driveways and alleys on E 34th St.
- The demonstration project was installed on April 27, 2023. The project will remain in place until construction begins for permanent improvements in the Spring of 2024.
Please complete a survey to help us evaluate the effectiveness of the demonstration project improvement.
The survey results will be posted at a later date.
Provide feedback on the corridors
This project is in the design phase.