We partner with hospitals to support victims of violent injury.
People are responding
- During the program's first year, only 3% of the people we served returned to the hospital with a new violent injury.
- Between 2016 and 2022, Next Step supported over 700 people who were victims of serious violence.
We're forming meaningful relationships with participants
- With a trusted bond in place, staff can support participants with the things they need to continue on a path toward healing.
- On average, about 70% of Next Step participants agreed to use community-based services after they leave the hospital.
Participants are meeting their goals
- Once engaged, participants work with staff to create individual goal plans to stay free from further violence.
- On average, about 75% of those who use community-based services achieve progress toward their goals.