Community garden hydrant request

Community garden lease holders can request a City hydrant.

What to know


  • A community garden group grows food to donate or for personal use.
  • To request a hydrant, a community garden group must qualify for a City garden lease.

How to request hydrant use

  • Contact Public Works Water Treatment & Distribution Service
  • Pay a $160 fee
    • $100 is a water deposit fee.
    • $60 a fee to install and disconnect the adapter.
  • At the end of the season, the City will either:
    • Issue a refund if you have a remaining balance on your water deposit
    • Send a bill for water use in excess of $100

Contact us

Community Garden Hydrant

Public Works Water Treatment & Distribution Services



Garden Lease

Homegrown Minneapolis




City Hall
350 Fifth St. S.
Room 315M
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Office hours

8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday