This diagram shows how second and third choice votes were redistributed as candidates were defeated. Hover and pause over the bars on the diagram for vote totals.
2017 Mayor election results dashboard
How to use the dashboard
Search the data
Under Vote totals by round, you can see the total votes for each round of the ranked-choice voting.
Read the data
To read the details:
- Hover: To see the number of votes for a candidate, place your cursor over the bar graph.
- Click: Click an area on a bar graph or chart to highlight specific information.
For best results:
- View the dashboard in full screen.
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
Sankey diagram created with:
- R Core Team - R: A language and environment for statistical computing. R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria (2017)
- pandas (Python package) Wes McKinney. Data Structures for Statistical Computing in Python, Proceedings of the 9th Python in Science Conference, 51-56 (2010)