Property line information
We explain how you can get information about your property's size and borders.
When to do a survey
There are two main reasons why you might want to survey your property.
- You're doing a home renovation project
- You're having a property line dispute with a neighbor
The Minnesota Society of Professional Surveys explains how surveys work.
The City cannot help
The City cannot:
- Provide surveys that show private property lines
- Send City staff to your house to locate your property lines
- Take sides in a dispute over a private property line
Surveyors, mediators and attorneys can help
If you need help completing a survey or settling a dispute, contact a professional.
- Work with a professional land surveyor to help you complete a survey.
- Work with a licensed attorney or mediator to help you with a property line dispute.