What to do
If your bicycle is lost or stolen
- Contact 311.
- File an online police report.
- Find a police precinct and make an in-person report. (Precincts do not take phone reports.)
- To inquire about recovered bicycles, call the Police Property & Evidence Warehouse.
We compare recovered bicycles to descriptions of bicycles reported lost or stolen. If we find a match, we contact the bicycle owner. We can also search our database for bicycles that match your lost or stolen bicycle.
To get your bicycle back
- Pick up your bicycle from the Police Property & Evidence Warehouse.
- You'll need a valid state ID or driver's license and proof of ownership such as a:
- Purchase receipt
- Serial number, registration number or operation identification (OPID) number
- Photo of the owner and the bike
To help us recover your bike
You have a better chance of getting your bike back if you register your bicycle.