Theft, lost property or damaged property

You can file a police report online for incidents like theft, lost property or damage to property.

What to know

Crimes that you can report online usually do not require an in-person police response.

To file online, all of the following should be true:
  • This is not an emergency situation.
  • You are not reporting the loss or theft of a firearm.
  • The incident happened within Minneapolis city limits.
  • There are no known suspects or information about the crime that can be followed up on. 
  • No weapon was used.
  • No one was injured.

Do not contact 311 or use online reporting if your safety is in immediate danger. Contact 911. If you have questions about reporting a crime, contact 311.  If they can’t assist you, they'll make sure you get routed to the proper resource to report the crime.

File an online police report

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Minneapolis 311


7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday