Johnson St. NE reconstruction
2019 to 2021
LocationJohnson St. NE from 18th Ave. NE to Lowry Ave. NE. Windom Park
The City will reconstruct the entire right-of-way on Johnson St. N. Additional updates will include
- New signs and pavement markings
- New sidewalks
- Pedestrian ramps that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Bicycle accommodations
- Pavement, curb and gutter improvements
- Utility improvements
Construction on this project began on May 3, 2021.
Expect the following temporary traffic impacts:
- Lane restrictions
- Intersection reductions
- Parking restrictions
- Revised pedestrian and bicycle routes
Residents, businesses and visitors may face the following:
- Dust in work areas
You'll have property access throughout construction.
City project goals
- Improve pedestrian access and safety
- Improve bicycle connectivity
- Accommodate business deliveries and customer access
- Coordinate with agency partner plans and projects (Metro Transit, the Minnesota Department of Transportation, Hennepin County, and the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board)
The City will assess adjacent property owners for this street reconstruction project. We will share more details about the project assessment after a public hearing through the Transportation and Public Works Committee of the Minneapolis City Council.
This project is complete.
Sign up for project updates
Sign up to get alerts about this project. You'll need to provide your email address.