Downtown East reconstruction
LocationMultiple streets Downtown East Downtown West
Starting the week of July 19, 2021, the City will fully reconstruct the entire right-of-way.
We'll reconstruct the roadway on:
- 10th Ave. S. from Washington Ave. to Third St. S.
- 12th Ave. S. from Washington Ave. to Third St. S.
- Third St. S. from 10th Ave. S. to 12th Ave. S.
We’ll install new:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant pedestrian ramps
- Pavement markings
- Furnishing zones or boulevard space with street trees
And we’ll make improvements to:
- Existing pavement
- Curbs and gutters
We'll also evaluate options for new nonmotorized connections to the adjacent Hiawatha Light Rail Trail and 11th Ave. S. bikeway.
Weekly stakeholder meeting
Staff will hold regular stakeholder meetings for this project. Join us to get an overview of the upcoming construction work.
In these meetings, we'll give more detailed information about the upcoming work and discuss any questions or concerns you may have about the project.
Every Thursday at 1:00 p.m.
via Microsoft Teams
Call in option
You may call into the meeting at the number below:
- +1 612-276-6670 (United States, Minneapolis)
- Conference ID: 709 862 097
- Find a local number
Help with Microsoft Teams
Anyone can join a Microsoft Teams web meeting. A free software download may be required. The type of download may vary based on how you join the meeting (computer, android device, apple device).
Expect the following temporary traffic impacts:
- Lane restrictions
- Intersection reductions
- Parking restrictions
- Revised pedestrian and bicycle routes
Residents, businesses and visitors may experience:
- Dust in work areas
You’ll be able to access property throughout construction.
This project is complete.
Engineering Technician III
Senior Professional Engineer
Senior Project Planner (contractor)