Women's Leadership Academy
Women can take part in this training and experience what it's like to be a Minneapolis police officer.
- You must complete a background check.
- If you have a felony conviction, you are not eligible to participate in this academy.
- We will interview and background check all candidates.
- The selection process takes about four to five weeks.
Class date and time
- We meet at 4119 Dupont Ave N.
- Class begins Monday, Oct. 24 and ends Friday, Oct. 28
- Classes are held Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Application period has closed.
Training topics include:
- Community engagement
- Procedural justice
- Health and wellness
- Physical fitness
- Defensive tactics
- Participate in classroom and physical activities
- Perform mock scenarios
- Interact with current peace officers
We make a difference.