For people charged with misdemeanor obstruction of the legal process offenses
This charge means you hindered the work of the Minneapolis Police, Metro Transit Police or the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office.
- Meet with a department representative.
- All people involved share their perspective so they can better understand one another.
- You provide a written or oral statement explaining what happened.
- A representative of Restorative Justice Community Action (RJCA) facilitates the meeting.
- The violation may not appear on your record, or
- You may avoid a conviction, and
- Both sides gain insight into their behavior and how it impacts the neighborhood.
Administered by RJCA
Contact us to see if you are eligible