Minneapolis Guaranteed Basic Income Pilot
In the spring of 2022, the City will pilot a Guaranteed Basic Income Program.
We will enroll 200 families in the pilot.
How it works
- Enrolled families receive $500 from the City each month to help boost your income.
- You receive the payment every month for two years.
- You use the extra money in a way that makes sense for you.
- You have the flexibility to balance immediate needs with long-term investments.
- Immediate need examples: rent and food
- Long-term investment examples: tuition, college savings, vehicle repairs
- You become financially secure.
Spring 2022 through spring 2024
Enrollment eligibility requirements
You live in one of the following ZIP codes.
Your annual income is at or below 50% of the Area Median Income (AMI) for Minneapolis.
You were hurt by the pandemic. Examples include:
- Job loss or reduced hours
- Higher healthcare payments
- Loss of access to childcare, technology or transportation
Must be 18 years or older by January 1, 2022.
Guaranteed Basic Income project
Community Planning & Economic Development (CPED)
AddressPublic Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 320
Minneapolis, MN 55401