Sidewalk snow and ice incidents dashboard
You can see where people have reported snow and ice on sidewalks, and pending fees.
Request accessible format
If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.
Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
How to use the dashboard
This dashboard does not list all addresses in Minneapolis. Your address may show up if Minneapolis 311 receives a report about an address. Residents and City sidewalk inspectors can file a report if they see snow or ice on sidewalks.
Search the data
Your filter options:
- Address: Type a street number and name to find an address.
Case number: View a specific case related to the address you picked.
Read the data
To read the details:
- Case summary: see case information like when the issue was reported, and if there are pending fees.
- What to do next: any required steps for the property owner to take.
For best results:
- View the dashboard in full screen.
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your browser.
Terms to know
- No Enforcement Case: The Public Works team received a report. A case has not been created. Clear your sidewalk of snow and ice as soon as possible.
- Order to Correct: A snow and ice enforcement case has been created. Clear your sidewalk of snow and ice as soon as possible.
- Inspection: A sidewalk inspector will see if the sidewalk has been cleared. Clear your sidewalk of snow and ice as soon as possible.
- Work Order Issued: A sidewalk inspector has seen that the sidewalk has not been cleared. The City will clean the sidewalk at the property owner's expense. Clear your sidewalk of snow and ice as soon as possible.
- Bill Owner: The City has cleared the sidewalk. The property owner will be charged for the cleanup. Look for an invoice in the mail.
- Intent to Assess: The City has cleared the sidewalk. The property owner will be charged for the cleanup. Look for a letter from the Public Works Department for payment and appeal options.
- Pending Assessment: We show the fee for this case is unpaid. You can pay the fee or it will be added to your property taxes on November 30 following the snow season.
- Assessed: The fee for this case has been added to property taxes. Contact Hennepin County Property Services for more information.
- Closed: There is no action required.
- Resolved: There is no action required.
Public Works Open Data
350 Fifth St. S.Room 203
Minneapolis, MN 55415